Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Great website

I was exploring the Internet this morning and googled Kindergarten (something I do frequently). Today I discovered a great website for parents of students coming in to Kindergarten. http://www.education.com/grade/kindergarten/. This site provides articles about preparing for Kindergarten, what to expect, and how to handle the dreaded first day. Some of the information will vary based on where you are in school at, I know that "what your child will learn" section did not have all the things TN standards require. If you communicate with your child's teacher like the site suggests you will know what is expected where you live. My favorite article with the best information is "10 Things About Kindergarten You Need To Know Now". I am thinking about printing this and placing it in my welcome folder, then next year giving it with registration packets (if my coworkers like it the way I do).

No comments: