Saturday, December 27, 2014

Happy and Autism

In May we started the process of getting a service dog for C. We have raised $19,444 of our $25,000 so far.  I am really amazed at that honestly! If you are interested in learning more about this please check out this WEBSITE. On December 24 we received our phone call that Happy (C calls dogs happy horses, so we decided to name him Happy) had been selected and we could expect delivery in early 2015! We are so excited about what is to come for us with this dog! I can't wait to share more about our training and progress with you!

That being said C is on break from school and we are having meltdown city! He is skipping his naps and getting overly tired each evening. I KNOW we need to be more scheduled in the evening (even during school) so that is my goal for this weekend and next week. We have a great morning routine, so now we need an afternoon routine. My plan is to create visual schedules for both a morning and evening routine. I figure we already have the morning routine down so it will help in teaching him to use the visual schedule. I also wanted to create the visual schedule to help my husband. Most nights I am the one at home and I am in charge of all things children. He helps by doing what I ask! With my new Jamberry business I have the occasional evening party that takes me away from home. It will help him keep our routine and hopefully avoid any meltdowns. So I found these pictures HERE


I am going to print these and put them together in this fashion:
I found this on Pinterest. We will start using it in the morning. Tonight I am going to start trying to find a routine that really works for us. Once I do I will create a evening routine visual for us. I don't want to make it until I find one that really works for us, so it will be at least one week because I need to do one run with each of the different type of evening appointment we have. 

So do you use visual schedules at home or in your classroom? Share your ideas, failures, or success below!!!


No comments: